Enrollment Accessibility


Except when a child is homeless, whenever a child of school age is presented for enrollment by a
parent(s), school district resident, or any other person having charge or care of the child, the school
district or charter school shall require that the following information be documented before enrolling
the child and allowing the child to attend school:

  1. Proof of the child’s age – Any one of the following constitutes acceptable documentation: birth
    certificate; notarized copy of birth certificate; baptismal certificate; copy of the record of baptism –
    notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth; notarized statement from the parents or
    another relative indicating the date of birth; a valid passport; a prior school record indicating the date of
  2. Immunizations required by law Acceptable documentation includes: either the child’s immunization
    record, a written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required
    immunizations have been administered, or that a required series is in progress, or verbal assurances
    from the former school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been
    completed, with records to follow.
  3. Proof of residency Acceptable documentation includes: a deed, a lease, current utility bill, current
    credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, driver’s license, DOT identification card. A district
    may require that more than one form of residency confirmation be provided.
  4. Parent Registration Statement A sworn statement attesting to whether the student has been or is
    suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on
    school property must be provided for a student to be admitted to any school entity (24 P.S. § 13-1304-
  5. Home Language Survey All students seeking first time enrollment in a school shall be given a home
    language survey in according with requirements of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil